Help me send my husband AWAY!

HELP ME SEND MY HUSBAND AWAY!
Please check out The Store and purchase items made by me and help me send my husband back to Swaziland to work with orphans and vulnerable children and their communities!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Africa bound tomorrow!

I'm off to Swaziland tomorrow morning EARLY! I plan to get up at 4:30 to go on one final run so I can clear my head, do some praying, and tire myself out for the trip!

The last few days have been hard. Getting ready to leave the kids has been really tough. I have no doubt that God wants me to go and I am so looking forward to going. It's the leaving part that is so hard. I pray that I can come back safely to my children. I'm praying that they handle being away from us for such a long time.

The other thing I've been thinking a lot about is that while I'm a mom worrying about leaving her children, there are some moms who are heading into this trip allowing their children to go while they stay behind. I am SO proud of these moms - letting their teenagers go serve God in a far away country.  I have always prayed that I will be ready to let my kids go when they were ready to do whatever it is that God has called them to do. These moms are my role models and I thank God so much for them!

So off I go. I will be saying some special prayers for my future child and the future children of some of my friends who are also adopting from African countries while I am there. I know God doesn't care where we are when we pray but I am very excited to pray for these children while standing on the same continent!

Thanks to all for the prayers, the good wishes, the offers to watch over my kiddos while I'm gone... I have felt so loved over the past week with everyone checking in on me! Y'all are the best! I can't wait to share about my trip with you when I get back! :)

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful, wonderful trip Kirstin! I will be thinking about you the whole time. I know it will be hard for you to be away from your kids but what a wonderful thing you are doing! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you're sleeping right now! I'm so proud of you for going on a final run! I think you're officially hardcore! :)

    I'll keep praying for everyone on the trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!! hopefully you are on a plane sleeping right now! can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.