Help me send my husband AWAY!

HELP ME SEND MY HUSBAND AWAY!
Please check out The Store and purchase items made by me and help me send my husband back to Swaziland to work with orphans and vulnerable children and their communities!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Have I mentioned I hate adoption math?

I'm in trouble again. I should never do math of any kind, but I get myself into more trouble every time I do adoption math.  Every time I try to figure out a timeline, I end up either depressing myself or getting my hopes up!

I was reading adoption blogs this morning (instead of doing whatever it was I was supposed to be doing) and discovered that a family who got their referral a month before we did just was given their court date for mid-July!

Things do not happen linearly in adoption. I know this.  But for some reason this gave me a hope that we actually might get to meet our little one this summer. Just the thought makes my heart beat faster.  I had already decided there was no chance for court before October.  Even though our caseworker says it's possible; I just refused to allow myself to think about it.

Ethiopia closes sometime in August for the rainy season and reopens sometime in October. We pretty much find out the exact dates as they come.  If we are not assigned a court date before they close, we have to wait until October even to be assigned a court date.

There is the tiniest of chances we could squeak in before they close.

I will be praying God holds off the rain.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you too....
    lots of love always,
    -auntie-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you beat the rainy season, too!!! How awesome would that be?!! Maybe we'll even get to be travel buddies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.