Help me send my husband AWAY!

HELP ME SEND MY HUSBAND AWAY!
Please check out The Store and purchase items made by me and help me send my husband back to Swaziland to work with orphans and vulnerable children and their communities!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Talk about unprepared...

Want to see my to-do list for tomorrow?

1. Take Riley to Walgreens for passport pictures (although I swear we've already done this, but I can't find them)
2. Make husband take time off from work to drive to nearest walk-in passport agency (25 miles away)
3. Pay said passport agency a million dollars to expedite a passport for a four year-old (sheesh)
4. Call Health Department to schedule vaccinations for 3 of us.
5. Call Travel Agencies to figure out our plans because...

WE ARE GOING TO ETHIOPIA IN LESS THAN FOUR WEEKS!!!!

Feel free to laugh at me... especially if you are among the ranks of those I've spoken to recently about our potential timeline.  I'm fairly certain that THIS MORNING I told my friend Sara that there was pretty much no way we'd be scheduled for court before the rainy season.  And yesterday at our church playdate I'm also fairly certain I told ALL the moms there that I wouldn't have my arms around that baby until November.

Talk about a rollercoaster.  I'm obviously not prepared (hence the bazillion extra dollars for the passport).

I was sitting at the computer, ignoring the giant pile of laundry I was supposed to be folding when the phone rang. 817 area code but I figured it was a friend from Texas, since we had just visited there.  It was Sara, our awesome caseworker. So then I immediately assumed she was calling about updating our homestudy, since she had just emailed me info about that a week ago or so. Then she said "So I have your court date for you." I think I said something like "no you don't!"  I was more shocked than I was when she called with our referral.

So here's how it all goes down:
July 11th - our court hearing with MOWA.  This one just might be more important than the one where we have to appear. MOWA will issue their opinion with the federal court (we hope).  If they issue a positive opinion for us on this day, it will help us immensely for going to court.  But no matter what happens this day, we still go to court on:
July 21st - Court!  If we pass while we are there, we won't have to wait through the rainy season to finish our adoption. How amazing would that be?

But the day I'm most looking forward to? July 19th. That's the day we get to meet our boy. He'll be 11 months old.  I can NOT wait. Oh my gosh. There are no words for this feeling. God is so good.

And just in case you were wondering about the kids' reactions? Riley was with me when we got the call and he and I yelled and jumped up and down. He's been praying EVERY NIGHT without fail that we would get a court date soon.  Now he says he'll need a whole lot of bubble gum for the long flight and says the first thing he's going to say to our baby is "I love you."  Allyn says she wants to pick out a baby toy to send with us for him to have.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers. Getting a court date this quickly is nothing short of miraculous.


14 comments:

  1. I knew it. I knew you would not have to wait so long-- this baby needs you. I hope the rest of this process goes quickly and without hitch (hey, hope and pray, right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is truly amazing!

    -Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I am so happy for y'all!! That call was way better than any other 817 number I know could make (yes, even including mine.) Your patience through this whole process has truly proven how God can get you through anything and everything in this life. My prayer for you is that this last leg will be a swift one and that Allyn will be able to hand a toy to her little brother without your help very soon. Many prayers are coming your way! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! May your trip to Ethiopia be everything you hope for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathe IN....Breathe OUT.....you are almost there!!!! I haven't stopped smiling since I got your voice message. I need to find my way to N.C. by early 2012 for sure!!!!
    Best LOVE and great big HUGS to all...-auntie-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my sweet friend!!! Congratulations!!! I can't believe it happened!! I'm praying praying praying for those court dates of yours, can't believe you are going to meet him so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never doubt the timing of the Amazing God we serve! Sooooo excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! So excited for you guys! Awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Great news! Hope all goes well with the court dates & are able to finalize before court closure!! Looks like you'll be arriving when we are leaving :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!! Amazing! I had goosebumps all over reading your post. I sure hope we get a court date before rainy season as well. Then we may be traveling together! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Another quick court date! I'm hoping everything goes smoothly for you from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your speedy court date! In less than a month you'll be holding your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome news KJ! Wishing you luck getting everything organized and keeping your sanity as well. I'm sure you will be able to pull it together and arrive in court rested and enthusiastic. I can just see the relief in the faces of the court knowing they are giving this baby to such a wonderful and loving home. I'm looking forward to this next new chapter in your blog (and life)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.